- Floor mats, carpets, fabric seats and boot area vacuumed and shampooed
- Leather seats cleaned and conditioned
- Dash surfaces and interior plastics cleaned to remove dust
- Insides of windows cleaned
- Entire vehicle exterior pre-washed, washed and rinsed
- Industrial Fallout removed, and rinsed
- Tar spots removed, rinsed again
- Paintwork clayed to remove other bonded contaminants, rinsed again, and dried.
- Wheels cleaned
- Polished by machine on this occasion to reduce scratching and swirling, allowing the colour to become deeper and richer in appearance.
- Extra coat of sealant, and a durable detailing wax applied to provide extra protection
- Tyres and trim dressed to restore their appearance
- Exterior windows treated with glass polish
We were asked by a new customer in Curry Rivel, near Langport, to carry out a Platinum Valet on their recently acquired BMW X5. This was the vehicle on arrival:
The customer was concerned how dull the car was, so it was agreed that we would add machine polishing to the valet. This would reduce the scratching and swirling, and allow the colour to show through.
These next pictures show the difference on a section of paintwork, with the picture on the left before polishing, the picture on the right after polishing:
So we carried out a Platinum Valet as follows:
This left the vehicle looking much fresher:
Some before and after shots of the vehicle:
Selected writeups and information from Chris Claydon, of Shine My Ride